On October 23rd, the artistic director of the Platonov Arts Festival Mikhail Bychkov will take part in an online meeting of French and Russian cultural figures dedicated to the activities of cultural institutions during the coronavirus pandemic.
The event will be opened by the French Ambassador to Russia Pierre Levy and the Special Representative of Russian President on International Cultural Cooperation Mikhail Shvydkoy.
Among the invited guests from the Russian side are also:
- Marina Loshak, Director of the State Museum of Fine Arts named after A.S. Pushkin (Moscow);
- Vladimir Urin, Director General of the State Academic Bolshoi Theatre of Russia;
- Olga Zhukova, Director General of the Moscow Concert Hall "Zaryadye";
- Natalia Metelitsa, Director of the State Museum of Theatre and Music, Artistic Director of the International Festival of Arts "Diaghilev. P.S." (St. Petersburg);
- Irina Krasnopolskaya, Director General of the "Pobeda" Culture and Recreation Centre (Novosibirsk).
Invited guests from the French side:
- Catherine Pegard, President of the State Versailles Museum Complex;
- Sebastien Cavalier, Director of the Department of Culture of the City of Marseille;
- Emmanuel Demarcy-Mota, director, actor, director of the Théâtre de la Ville, director of the Autumn Festival (Paris);
- Benoît Voituriez, Administrative and Financial Director of the Ballet Preljocaj - National Choreographic Centre of Aix-en-Provence;
- Edward de Lumley, Director for Cultural and Social Development of the Centre of National Monuments (Paris).
Participants will exchange views on the impact of the pandemic on the activities of cultural institutions and on the lessons learned from the experience gained during the health crisis. This will make it possible to outline ways out of it for each side and discuss opportunities for bilateral cooperation, taking into account the current situation.
The discussion will be held online and will be available for viewing. It will begin at 11 a.m. Moscow time. Prior registration is required.
The meeting was organised by the French Institute at the Embassy of France in Russia.
The French Institute is one of the creative partners of the Platonov Festival. With its support within the framework of the festival, for the first time in Russia, "Vertikal" by the National Choreographic Centre in Créteil and Val-de-Marne / Company Käfig, "ASH" by CIE 111 - Aurelien Borie, "Fresco. The Painting on the Wall" Company "Ballet Preljocaj" - National Choreographic Centre of Aix-en-Provence, and other performances were shown. In 2020 video screenings of the operas from the Aix-en-Provence Festival took place.